General DentistryOral Surgery
At Plateau Village Dental Centre in Coquitlam, we offer the following in-office oral surgery procedures:
- Extractions-simple and surgical
- Crown Lengthening
We will provide consultations prior to the surgery and walk you through what we will be doing before we begin. If you are in Coquitlam or Port Coquitlam and need more information don’t hesitate in contacting us for information on your oral surgery options.
We will typically provide anesthetic (freezing) to reduce your pain and we may prescribe medication following your surgery to reduce swelling or any bruising that may occur.
What to Do Before Oral Surgery
- Arrange for someone to drop you off and pick you up after your surgery (if needed)
- Follow all preoperative instructions from your Plateau Village Dental Centre dentist about eating and drinking
- Find out if you will have any prescriptions prescribed to you after your procedure and pick them up beforehand so you have them when your surgery is over
What to Do After Oral Surgery
- Get plenty of rest and stay off your feet. Try to organize your schedule so you don’t have any work or projects due immediately following your oral surgery. You’ll want to take it easy in order to heal properly.
- Use gauze pads to soak up any bleeding that may occur
- Take medication, as prescribed by your dentist
- Follow any food or drink restrictions that your dentist has recommended
Contact Plateau Village Dental Centre for information on your oral surgery options.
Schedule An Appointment
If you should have additional questions, we would be happy to schedule a consultation with you at our Dental Centre in Coquitlam. You can call the office directly at (604) 927-2525 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to assisting you in the near future.